MBBS is currently one of the most reputed higher educational programs in the world. Due to this fact, it is not surprising that there are a lot of medical aspirants around the globe. However, due to high education expenses, especially in India, studying MBBS abroad has become a preferred option.
In such a scenario, MBBS in Georgia has become a hot destination due to the high-quality education that they provide at lower course fees. Let it be the latest medical devices, scholarships, or the great infrastructure, Georgia offers a store full of benefits to medical aspirants who wish to enjoy a high standard of education.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 11281
- Country Ranking – 27
Georgian National University, Georgia, established in 2001 is located in the wider city of Tbilisi. The university was first named the Ilia Chanchavadze National University of Georgia, which later changed to Georgian National University, Georgia. The university got accredited by GAC – the National Accreditation Centre in the year 2009 and since then it has offered 23 accredited educational programs, 9 BA courses, 7 minor programs, 5 MA programs, and 1 single-stage program.
During the years 2014, 2015, and 2016, Georgian National University, Georgia rose up to be the most sought after university in the whole nation’s educational sphere. MBBS seats in Georgian National University, Georgia still high on demand, the reasons for which are mentioned in the next section.
Why Study MBBS in Georgian National University, Georgia
Georgian National University, Georgia, also known as SEU is the biggest privately held higher educational institution in the whole of Georgia. It is also one of the quickly developing institutions that receive tons of application from student all over the globe every year. The university works with the sole aim to provide the best education infrastructure and environment for students to thrive in. The high-end educational programs that they offer are further supported by the best staff and clinicians.
Studying MBBS at Georgian National University, Georgia, students are provided with:
- Freedom of choice
- Ability for critical thinking
- Academic independence
- Ability to be responsible for their own needs
- Motivation to work towards success
- Plenty of opportunities for personal development
The main advantages of studying MBBS in Georgian National University, Georgia include the following:
- Georgian National University, Georgia is the biggest of its kind located in the whole country.
- The course is taught in English, and it doesn’t require the students to learn the local language.
- Georgian National University, Georgia offers on-campus accommodation facilities for foreign students and plenty of other sports and cultural events for students to showcase their talents.
- Georgian National University, Georgia collaborates with US and European leading universities to offer exchange programs which helps provide graduates with additional outlooks on national as well international level.
- Equipped with modern equipment, the university provides students with modern knowledge and enable them to get a hand on experience about the latest technologies.
Duration of MBBS in Georgian National University
MBBS course at Georgian National University, Georgia runs for a total of 6 years including 1 year of internship. The first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical or academic medical education, while the last one year deals with hands-on-experience or an internship in an affiliated hospital.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Georgian National University
The classes for MBBS in Georgian National University, Georgia commence in the last week of September or the first week of October. The admission process usually begins in September, but as there are thousands of students who apply for MBBS in Georgia from around the world, it is important that you place your application at the earliest. The seats are allocated on a first come first serve basis, so the earlier you apply, the better.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Georgian National University
Students who wish to study MBBS in Georgian National University, Georgia needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 40% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- The applicants should clear both IELTS and TOEFL.
MBBS Admission Procedure in Georgian National University
The admission procedure to apply for MBBS in Georgian National University, Georgia is as follows.
- Fill the online application form along with all the required documents.
- The applications are reviewed by the university after which the applicants are to deposit the fees into the university’s bank account.
- Once it is done, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia issues an accreditation letter to the applicants within 30 days. Upon this, the university receives a ministry order and it issues an invitation letter to the students as well.
- The visa approval takes nearly 30 days after all the above procedures are completed.
- After the fee is cleared, the day and date of departure is planned and finalised.
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Georgian National University
Foreign students studying at Georgian National University, Georgia are to mandatorily stay in the hostels for the first year. However, starting from the second year until the sixth year, they can choose to live in rented apartments or flats.
The weather in Tbilisi is particularly nice, and the cost of living low. Public transportation options are fairly cheap, and affordable restaurants can be found across the city to enjoy a delicious meal. Students who enjoy sports can make use of the public sports facilities offered, while others can enjoy the many museums, or use the free street Wifi. Additionally, the Georgian culture is worth exploring as it’s influenced by various other societies including Greece, Russian, Roman, and Byzantine empires. Also, the legends, films, and music from the nation are popular in the world.