MBBS in Ukraine is considered one of the renowned and popular destinations, for giving excellent education to students at very affordable prices. It is one of the hottest destinations among top-ranked countries for higher education in the world. Ukraine is world-famous for offering the lowest MBBS courses across the nation. There are so many central or state governed Medical universities in Ukraine.
Due to the presence of some top medical universities in Ukraine itself, a large number of medical aspiring students reach Ukrainian universities for taking admission to the MBBS course. Government Medical universities offer MD equals to MBBS at a very affordable price. Fees structure of Ukrainian medical universities is very low as compared to other western countries.
Medical Universities in Ukraine are recognized by the Ministry of education & Science and Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine. Some universities are also controlled by government authorities. These universities are also listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools by WHO and other major medical organizations.
A wide range of Medicinal degree programs are offered by Ukraine Medical Universities. On completion of MBBS in Ukraine, students are awarded MD degree which is equivalent to MBBS in India. Every year, A lot of candidates from different countries appear to pursue medicine. Till date around 60000+ international students are enrolled for medicine courses. After completing in Ukraine, students can practice in India after clearing the screening test.
MBBS in Ukraine admission procedure is quite easy. Ukraine has made it much easier by offering 5 years and 8 months duration of MBBS program, there is No entrance Examinations for admission of International students. Ukraine is the fourth largest country for having a large number of medical post graduates.
MBBS in Ukraine: Highlights
|Degree offered||MD (Equivalent to MBBS)|
|Program duration||6 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks in PCB & NEED qualified|
|Tuition Fees||3500 USD to 5000 USD/Year|
|Hostel cost||450 USD to 1000 USD/Year|
|Approval/Recognition||MCI & WHO|
|Last date to apply||Sept, 2020|
MBBS in Ukraine Fees Structure 2020-21
Ukraine is a very beautiful place in Europe. It is the second largest country in Europe having amazing architectural buildings, picturesque spots, Mosques, historical monuments, amusement parks and gardens, etc. Apart from mind-blowing places and lavish lifestyle, it is also popular for having the world’s finest medical universities and advanced technology for rapid growth and development.
Pursuing MBBS degree from one of top ranked institutions is a blessing for medical aspirants. Ukrainian medical universities are offering admission to each aspirant including local and internationals. MBBS is a 5.8 years course along with Internship. Courses are available in English and Ukrainian language.
Universities maintain proper discipline on campus and follow all guidelines issued by the higher authorities. Students breaking rules will be penalised. Student teacher ratio is maintained as per the rules in universities. There should be 15-20 students in one batch. Because of limited classroom strength students can easily clear their doubts.
Medical Universities in Ukraine are well structured and have best in class materials for high quality education. Classrooms are spacious and occupied with digital utilities for e-learning. Faculty members of these universities are well-qualified, experienced and professionalism in their related field. Practical skills and in-depth knowledge is the prime focal point of all universities. To be a part of Ukrainian medical universities students have to qualify NEET entrance Examination and eligibility criteria for admission.
MBBS in Ukraine Reviews
- MBBS in Ukraine is popular among the students. The country is known for its Medical courses which they offer to Indian students. As the class strength is less, so it becomes easy for the students to clear their doubts. You can upgrade your knowledge on the subject. All the classes are practical oriented so it generates interest among the students. Once they are through with their MBBS degree program, they can even sit for a screening test which makes them eligible for MCI registration.
- Ukraine is one of the best places in the world to study medicines and is 100% a literate European country. Ukrainian universities are the best choice for the students to study medicals. Medicine is considered to be one of the toughest branches in comparison to all other preparations.
- With the Ukrainian Medical universities, you don’t need to put such efforts or labor as there is a procedure for taking direct admission in the colleges. So this becomes even easy for normal students.
- The biggest advantage of studying in Ukraine is that you don’t have to appear for any entrance exam. Your admission totally depends on the basis of your 12th class marks & NEET score. In each medical college, duration lasts for full-fledged six years.
- Top universities of Ukraine are Lviv National Medical University, Ternopil State Medical University which offers its all special courses. It is a well-equipped college which offers renowned medical programmers. These universities are well known for their specialties in the field of medicals.
- Ukraine MBBS is famous among the students because of its high tech teaching methodologies which provide the best services to the students. Universities only hire highly qualified teachers and have a tremendous amount of experience. They emphasize both theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject.
Why to study MBBS in Ukraine
There are many reasons to study MBBS in Ukraine, let’s discuss why;
- Medical universities of Ukraine are offering courses at a very affordable price. Students who can’t afford the heavy academic expenses can opt for a medicine degree in Ukraine at reasonable cost without compromising with the standard of education.
- Admission procedures of Ukrainian universities are very quick and easy. Students don’t have to appear for the entrance examination for admission. Direct admission process is in practice.
- To take MBBS admission in Ukraine, all you have to do is to clear eligibility criteria set for admission of international students.
- Universities approved by the Medical Council of India are top ranked universities in Ukraine and some ranked among the top 100 universities in Europe.
- Ukraine has the finest medical education system offering high standard education and clinical training.
- No donation cost is required for admission in Ukrainian university. Fees structure of medical universities are already subsidized by the government of Ukraine.
- Universities are recognized by the top medical organizations such as WHO, UNESCO, MCI and so on.
- Universities adopt innovative and advanced tools for learning and also have well oriented training hospitals.
- Studying and living expenses are quite cheap as compared to other countries.
- Safety and security of the students are the primary factor.
- Students don’t have to clear IELTS or TOEFL English fluency tests during admission, if they passed 10+2 with English as a compulsory subject.
- A global recognized medical Degree is awarded after completing a course which enables you to apply for Job anywhere.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine
Ukraine is one of hottest educational spots and provide so many advantages to the students persuading their MBBS from Ukrainian medical universities;
- If you compare the MBBS study cost of Ukraine it is 70% lower than other European countries or India.
- International standards of education are provided by the Ukrainian universities, which is exemplary.
- Eligible students can take direct admission at any medical university in Ukraine without any entrance test.
- These medical universities have a lot of experienced professors, brilliant faculty members and degree holders to provide guidance and assistance to you.
- There is no language barrier for conversation. MBBS courses and other medicinal programs are available in English and English language is used as a medium of communication.
- If you want to learn a second language, studying in Ukraine would be a great chance for you.
- Limited student’s strength helps you to be more concentrated, individual attention and students can easily clear their doubts.
- These universities offer ample opportunities to both national and international students.
- Students will get global exposure and enriched skills through various outdoor and extracurricular activities happening during academic sessions.
- Students are eligible to sit for the screening test at any country like India, USA, UK, etc.
- FMGE coaching classes are also provided by the universities.
MBBS course Duration in Ukraine
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programs offered by Ukraine universities are 6 years long duration. It is the most popular course opted by the science stream students. Basically this course is separated into two parts. First five years are for classroom studies and last year is reserved for rotation Internship.
After completing classroom studies, students have to do a 1 year compulsory internship. Students can also do their internship part back to their motherland. Course curriculum in MCI approved medical universities is similar to Indian pattern and curriculum.
Classroom studies includes basic medicine, Pre-medical and clinical subjects. After completing all the semesters’ students are eligible for practical training.
There are some other popular courses offered by Ukrainian medical universities;
- B. Pharmacy course duration is for 5 years.
- Nursing course duration is for 3-4 years.
- Pediatrics course duration is for 6 years.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course is again for 5 years.
- Prosthodontics is a two years duration program.
Post graduate training programs includes the following aspects:
- Master and Ph.D. Courses.
- Clinical Research
- Post Diploma and specialization for Doctors.
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students
|Nationality||Aspiring students must be an Indian citizen.|
|Age of Candidate||Age of students should not be less than 17 years as on 31st December of Admission year.|
|Qualification||Students must have completed 10+2 education and have scored at least 50% marks in Physics Chemistry, Biology with English as a main subject.|
|NEET examination||Yes it is compulsory, Students must have qualified NEET with good percentiles. Candidates must have a valid Indian passport and MCI certificate.|
|Visa requirements||Yes, Visa is required to study in Ukraine.|
MBBS Syllabus in Ukraine
Below listed syllabus will be very helpful for the students to understand the course curriculum taught at most of Ukrainian medical universities;
|1st Year (1st and 2nd semesters)||Human anatomy, Histology, history of medicine, biophysics, chemistry, History of Ukraine, politology, Russian language, Psychology and pedagogics.|
|2nd and 3rd year (3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th semesters)||General surgery, Medical Cybernetics, Biochemistry, Economics, Sociology, Microbiology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathological Anatomy, Pathological Physiology, Diagnostics, Radial therapy, General Hygiene, Operative surgery, General surgery, Propaedeutic of Children Diseases and Propaedeutic of Internal Diseases.|
|4th year (7th and 8th semesters)||General Hygiene, Social medicine, Basic of Dentistry, Psychiatry and Narcology, Obstetrics, Sports medicine, Outpatient medicine, Faculty Pediatrics, Dermatovenerol Diseases, Nervous diseases, Physiatrics, Radiative Medicine, Endocrinology, Neurosurgery and Faculty therapy.|
|5th year (9th and 10th semesters)||Urology, Ophthalmology, Hospital therapy, Otorhinolaryngology, Clinical Genetics, Children Surgery, Clinical Genetics, Occupational Diseases, External and Military Medicine, Traumatology and Orthopedics, Hospital Surgery, Epidemiology, Gynecology, Infectious & Tropical Diseases and Forensic Medicine, Oncology.|
|6th year (11th and 12th semesters)||Hygiene, Clinical Immunology, Outpatient care, infectious diseases, children diseases, internal diseases, Organization of Health protection, oncology, Children surgery, clinical pharmacology, Gynecology and obstetrics, surgical diseases and Psychiatry.|
Medical Universities Ranking in Ukraine
The below tables shows the ranking of best medical universities in Ukraine.
|Sr. N||University||World Ranking||Country Ranking|
|1||Sumy State University||2656||4|
|2||Ternopil State Medical University||4653||15|
|3||Uzhhorod National University||5592||36|
|4||O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University||6331||50|
|5||Bukovinian State Medical University||6407||55|
|6||Lviv National Medical University||6750||65|
|7||Vinnitsa National Medical University||7089||71|
|8||Poltava State Pedagogical University||7232||75|
|9||Kharkiv National Medical University||7723||88|
|12||Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University||7917||97|
|10||Black Sea National University||8209||103|
|11||Odessa National Medical University||8848||116|
Admission Procedure to study MBBS in Ukraine
Students can directly apply for the MBBS in Ukraine. The admission procedure is very quick and requires less documentation.
- To get admission in Ukraine, students must have to fulfil the eligibility criteria. Second step is counselling, after successful registration there is a counselling session, after clearing this session eligible students will be provided with an Invitation Letter.
- Admission of the candidates will depend upon the aptitude and academic performance of the candidates. Students have to produce all the original documents for admission. First come, First serve rule will be followed for MBBS admission.
Required documents for admission
There is a list of documents, students have to show for further verification and admission process;
- 10th and 12th Certificate + Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate in English
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity.
- Minimum 20 passport size Photographs
- Authorized artefacts as approved by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Official Invitation letter by the respective Medical University.
- Legalization of all documents by the Ukraine Embassy.
- Visa fees payment slip.
- University 1st year Tuition fee payment bank slip.
- HIV Test Reports by an authorized Doctor or hospital.
- NEET Scorecard.
- Other certificates such as No criminal record, Medical certificate, address or nationality proof, etc.
Study MBBS in European countries is the best choice for medical students. The best thing about MD in Ukraine for Indian Students is very cost-effective. Standard of living, food, and education is extremely cheap disregarding high quality. You are not overloaded with any exorbitant fees structure. You can get your degree very easily at a very less cost in comparison to other universities.