MBBS in Nepal is the recommended medical education destination for Indian. Nepal is nearby to India and has amicable relations with the nation. Since long time students are studying medicine in Nepal, mostly majority of students is more from the Northern part of the country. The best thing about Nepal medical colleges is that most of the faculty is from India. There are numerous professors who belong to India. If you are looking for direct admission for MBBS in Nepal without donation in best medical colleges within your set budget under Management/Indian/foreign/quota in medical colleges, certainly you are at the right place. MBBS from Nepal is valid in India only after qualifying the MCI screening test once you complete the medical course.
MBBS in Nepal 2021 – Highlights
|Program duration||5.5 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks in PCB (in each subject) & NEET qualified|
|Total fees||42 Lakh to 75 Lakh for 5 years|
|Hostel fees||80k/year **|
|Entrance Exams||MECEE UG|
|Medical colleges affiliated by||Kathmandu University & Tribhuvan University|
|Medical colleges approved by||MCI & WHO|
|Last date to apply||Oct, 2021|
Latest Update about MBBS in Nepal
- MBBS admission in Nepal will be done by a common entrance exam called MECEE UG.
- MECEE UG is national level entrance exam for admission in all universities/medical colleges in Nepal.
- MECEE UG 2021 will be conducted in the month of October.
- You can contact us @9958102266 for assistance in admission procedure.
Nepal is famous among Indian students majorly because of the quality of education, competitive fee structure, and less documentation are among the fewer reasons why for Indian students selecting this country for higher education. Contradictory to other countries, you do not require any visa to study in Nepal. Furthermore, the culture, food habits and lifestyle are matched to a great deal with that of India.
All the medical colleges/universities are approved by the Medical Council of India. Even the syllabus curriculum is similar to the Indian counterparts. There is no such language barrier. Being English and Hindi as a communicative language spoken in Nepal, students will find easy to communicate with each other even with their patients at the time of their internship. This is
It is essential for the students to choose the best college in Nepal for pursuing their MBBS course and also to strengthen their career. Few top best medical colleges in Nepal are listed below.
Duration of MBBS in Nepal
- MBBS course duration in Nepal is of five years and a half years.
- Initial years are of theoretical classes and basic study of medical sciences and clinical study.
- In the last year, students are required to go through the internship program in clinics of hospitals of the college or university. Such courses also offer options for recruiting the students on the completion of the course.
- Students who have passed the 10+2 with the science background are entitled to apply for the MBBS admission in Nepal.
- To get admission in Nepal, it is vital for the students to meet the certain stipulated criteria set by the medical universities/colleges.
- There will be no relaxation provided to the students in the context of eligibility. Nepal MBBS entrance exam for the students who would like to appear should meet the eligibility criteria.
MBBS in Nepal Syllabus
- The study pattern of Nepalese medical colleges is similar to India.
- The total duration of the course is 5 and 1/2 years including a 1-year internship.
- First two years they will teach basic medical sciences and in the next 2 and a half years, students will learn the principles and skills of clinical medicine through rotating internships.
|Basic Sciences||Community Medicine||Clinical Medicine|
|Anatomy Physiology Biochemistry Microbiology Pathology Pharmacology||Epidemiology Biostatistics Demography Health education Environmental health Nutrition Sociology Clinical Medicine||Community Medicine Forensic Medicine Ophthalmology Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) Medicine (including psychiatry and dermatology & venereal disease) Surgery (including orthopaedics anaesthesiology, radiology and dental) Obstetrics & Gynaecology Pediatrics|
Why Study MBBS in Nepal?
- Easy Documentation: Documentation system in Nepal universities is fairly simple and quick. Candidates can easily apply for admission or any other work-related with the university. Because of the uncomplicated procedure and humble behavior of Nepal peoples many international students are applying to Nepal universities.
- Admission without Visa: It is the most favorable condition for Indian students to pursue medicine in Nepal without a visa because of friendly relation among two nations. Indian students are allowed to step into the country without any visa or permission but other international students are required to take their visa along with them.
- No Proficiency Test: In most of the European universities it is required to qualify the language test like IELTS or TOEFL to get admission in any course but this is not in case of Nepal Universities students don’t require to clear any proficiency test. Nepal universities will provide you a chance to study without any kind of pressure.
- Less expensive: As compared from Indian institutions either it’s public or private a middle-class family student should not get admission in Institutions because of very high fee structure and donation amounts so applying in Nepal universities is wise decision because their total tuition fees is much less than Indian institute and their students do not have to give any donation fees. Total fee approximately ranges about 24 to 40 lakhs INR.
- Hospitality in Nepal: Hostel facility is available for international students who came from another land. There is separate hostel available for both girls and boys at an easy and affordable price with modern living lifestyle and hygienic food availability. Hostel rooms are available at a single or sharing basis so that students can easily manage in their fixed budget.
- Other facilities: There are many other amenities provided to the students at a campus like Library, labs, Computer labs, study halls, Auditorium, sports courts, café, departmental stores, students club, and others. Bank and ATMs are also available in the campus for financial transactions.
- FMGE passing percentage: As compared from China, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakh etc, students who have completed their course from Nepal universities have more chances to qualify the MCI screening for practicing in India as Nepal’s passing percentage is 12.9%.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Nepal
- All the medical colleges and universities in Nepal are approved by the MCI India. Hence, the quality of education and training acquired in Nepal is appropriate in India.
- Apart from other abroad destinations Nepal offers the same quality MBBS program at much affordable cost. It provides a cost effective way of study.
- As Nepal is a developing nation there is a wide opportunity to get world exposure by meeting people from different nationalities.
- To take admission in Nepal colleges or Universities students are not required to clear English fluency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Visa is not required for Indian students to study MBBS in Nepal. This privilege is only applicable for Indian students.
- Medical colleges or Universities of Nepal offer global recognized degrees, in order to practice anywhere in the world.
- Education delivered by the Nepali colleges is extremely high standard.
- Nepal Medical colleges and universities don’t charge any donation cost for admission.
- Nepal is safe for International students.
- Students will not find language barrier issues. Anyone could easily choose Nepal for studies. Generally English and Hindi is used as a medium of communication however Nepali is the mother tongue of Nepal and it is generally practiced by locals.
Admission Process to Study MBBS in Nepal 2021
The admission process for getting admission in Nepalese medical colleges is not similar to India. As you know in India the complete admission process is done through NEET by NTA. In Nepal, separate entrance exams are conducted by universities and medical colleges. We will provide complete assistance in admission, all you need to qualify the required eligibility criteria.
Eligibility MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students
To enrol in Nepalese medical colleges for MBBS program, aspirants must meet following eligibility criteria-
|Nationality||Candidates should be an Indian.|
|Age limit criteria||Candidates should not be less than 17 years and maximum 25 years as on 31st December of Admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have complete 10+2 education and had scored at least 50% marks for General and OBC and 40% for reserved in Physics Chemistry, Biology and English as a main subject.|
|NEET examination||Candidates must have qualified NEET.|
|Other documents||Candidates must possess all original certificates and documents.|
Admission procedure for MBBS in Nepal
- Admission Procedure of Nepalese medical colleges is very simple if you qualify the eligibility criteria set by the colleges and universities to take admission. As we all know, MCI has set an eligibility criteria for all students who want to take admission abroad.
- Students have to submit eligibility certificates for the MBBS program in Nepal.
- Students have to go through an entrance test conducted by colleges and universities separately. Selection of students is based on results.
- Students will also have to undergo an interview held by the colleges or universities. Final selection of the students will depend upon the aptitude and performance of the candidates and upon completion, students will register with respective college or university. In case of inconvenience we will provide you full assistance regarding admission.
MBBS in Nepal Application process
Admission procedure in Nepal is a very easy and simple process. In Nepal MBBS entrance examinations is not organized for international students. Taking admission in MCI approved medical colleges is a direct process.
- Students can directly apply to the respective colleges or universities through visiting the official website.
- After opening the website, students have to generate a login ID and after that you can fill the application form.
- Fill all correct and authentic details to avoid any kind of disqualification.
- Fill all the fields very carefully and attach a scanned copy of required documents.
- Before submission of documents check twice and then finally submit it.
Important dates to be remember
- These are some important things to remember for medicine in Nepal;
- Application process will start by the month of July in major colleges and universities.
- Entrance examination will be conducted in the month of August.
- Admission ends by the month of September or mid-October.
Documents required in Nepal for Admission
- Candidates required these documents to get MBBS admission in Nepal;
- Birth certificate, 10+2 certificate and mark.
- Conduct certificate issued and duly signed by the head of the Institute last studied.
- Nationality certificate like Adhar card Passport, citizenship or identity card issued by the authorized body.
- Passport size Photographs.
- NEET Scorecard.
- Eligibility certificate and other certificates.
- Migration certificates. Invitation letter.
- Payment slips.
- Students are advised not to submit original documents, attach photocopies of documents and must carry original documents with them at admission time.
MCI approved medical colleges in Nepal, the Supreme Court have ruled is Kathmandu University, Tribhuvan University, Patan Academy of Health Sciences and B.P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences. All these universities have different medical colleges under them that provide MBBS course to the students. Students are selected on the basis of the merit list. Scholarship Programs are also offered to the students.
Scholarship programs offered by approved colleges and Universities
Some government and private colleges and universities provide scholarship programs to the Medical aspirants in Nepal. These scholarships are either sponsored by the Central or State governments to provide various benefits for studying in Nepal.
A scholarship program called North South Foundation Scholarships programs are for Indian candidates. To avail the benefit of this scholarship students have to clear an entrance examination.
Facilities for Students
Facilities for students studying MBBS in Nepal is best suited. The most basic facilities are listed below.
- There is a provision for the separate hostel accommodations for boys and girls.
- These hostels are located within the college premises. Students have to deposit the hostel charges lump sum for the entire session.
- During the Internship, students can pay their hostel fee from the internship allowance that they get.
- Once, students begin living there, they are not permitted to shift or change the hostel. It is the responsibility of the hostel management to take care of the security of students, cleanliness, providing good canteen facilities and regular water and electricity amenities.
- Due to the mountainous terrain, road construction is very difficult and also involves huge expenses. Majority of the dwellers have to travel to reach the main roads.
- Aviation is the only way for travelling within the country and overseas. Nepal has 47 airports brick runways.
- It takes around 1hour 30 minutes to reach Nepal from Delhi airport.
- A staple food of Nepal is Dal Bhat. Students can even avail their favourite cuisines in the hostel canteens.
- Be it non-vegetarian or vegetarian, you can opt for both the food items of your own choice.
- All delicious Indian foods are available in Nepal so you can enjoy while studying MBBS in Nepal
Scope after studying MBBS from Nepal
- Most of the Indian who doesn’t study MBBS in India due to some reasons, studying MBBS from Nepal is definitely a better option.
- There are many benefits, we have already explained above. As Indian after doing MBBS from Nepal, you can do clinical practice just after qualifying FMGE.
- If you would like to continue your education the best option is to do PG from India or other countries like USA & UK. A candidate who just don’t want to be a clinician, maybe a researcher and do Ph.D.
Quick Facts About Nepal
|Population||2.63 Cr (Approximately)|
|Climate||Maritime and continental Climate|
|Temperature||Minimum 7 degree C and Maximum 40 degree C|
|Travel distance from Delhi||1.30 minutes approximately via flight|
Nepal is the Federal Democratic Republic and is a sovereign country which is located in the Himalayas. It is in the North part of the country, which has the tallest mountain range in the world, including that of Mount Everest. Lord Buddha’s birth, namely, Lumbini place also lies in this particular region. It is one of the most renowned pilgrimage spots in the world. Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal. Nepal is famous for its multi-ethnicity and multi-cultural background.
The total area of Nepal is 147,181 km2 in trapezoidal shape which covers 800 Km long and 200 Km wide space. When we see the physiography of Nepal, it is divided into Himal, Pahad, and Terai. Himal is the mountain region containing snow and situated in Himalayan Range. Pahad is also mountain region but generally does not contain snow. Terai is the lowland region, also contains some hill ranges. The Terai region is formed and fed by three major Himalayan rivers.
Climate & Weather
- Nepal and pleasant and monsoon Climate. Nepal experiences five different kinds of seasons throughout the year. Summer, monsoon, autumn, winter and spring season.
- Summer in Nepal is dry, the maximum temperature can reach 30 degree Celsius during the month of May to August.
- In monsoon minimum 40 to maximum 45cm rainfall recorded in Nepal.
- Winters are very cold with an average temperature of 5-2 degree and sometimes it can drop to minus zero.
Majority of the people in Nepal follows Hinduism and believer of Lord Shiva. Studying and living in Nepal does not make you feel a strange country. Everything in Nepal is similar to India.
FAQs about Studying Medicine in Nepal
Are medical colleges in Nepal recognized by MCI to pursue MBBS?
We say No, they are approved by MCI not recognized.Is it mandatory to qualify FMGE to practice in India?
Yes, as per Medical Council of India rules & regulation, it has become compulsory to qualify FMGE after MBBS degree from foreign countries.What is the minimum age limit required to get admission in medical institutions of Nepal?
Candidate should be minimum 17 years old as on 31st December of the admission year.Does, Nepal require passport and visa to study for India students?
No, Nepal is passport & visa-free for Indian students.What are the disadvantages of studying MBBS in Nepal?
When we talk about the disadvantages of studying medicine in Nepal for Indian students the very first thing come is MCI-screening. A candidate who studies outside of India has to appear and qualify FMGE conducted by MCI. Without clearing this exam candidate can not practice in India as a doctor. This is not limited to Nepal only but for all other countries except the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.Is Nepal is considered to be good for MBBS?
Yes, Nepal is good place to study medical for Indian students as the country is closest to India and follow Indian study curriculum.What are the entrance exams required to study in Nepal?
First of all candidate must have passed NEET-UG conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA), secondly he/she qualify university level entrance test conducted in Nepal.Is Nepal MBBS degree valid in India?
Once, candidate clear the FMGE, it becomes valid in India to practice.What is MCI eligibility certificate?
Candidates who are willing to study medicine in foreign medical institutions shall require Eligibility Certificate from MCI under Eligibility Certificate Regulation 2002.
We would help you and our consultants will guide you to reserve your seat in your dream medical colleges that too in your set budget. For other related queries, you may contact us. Medical admission is not a tough decision if the right choice is made at the right time.